12th June 2012
Stay in Charge of Your Essential Gadgets
Crosskase launch highly protective Solar 15 backpack with solar power to charge handheld devices everywhere you go
Whether you are a traveller, business commuter, gamer, or all three and more at different times, you’ll often seek the power to keep your essential gadgets going as well as a secure and protective way to carry your belongings. Now these two lifestyle needs have been met in one stylish, feature-packed accessory: the Crosskase Solar 15 backpack.
Key Features of the Crosskase Solar 15 backpack:
* Integrated 3 Watt solar panel on the front of the bag soaks up natural light and stores the energy generated inside the internal battery.
* High capacity battery can charge most handheld devices on-the-go (phones, music players, GPS, pocket consoles)
* Speedy 2 hour charge time for many devices i.e. iPhone 4, iPod nano 6G, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Nokia N95, Blackberry Curve.
* Stores enough power to charge most devices twice over and can be used again and again, as the battery will recharge from:
* Solar power (8 hours)
* Mains power (3 hours)
* USB power connection (4 hours)
* Additional battery packs can be purchased to supply even more charge to those with higher demands on battery life.
* The Solar 15 doesn’t need strong sunlight to work as it also trickle charges in standard daylight or artificial light and, with splashproof material and panelling, even works in the rain! This versatility in all weathers makes it suitable for use indoors and outdoors both in the UK and abroad.
* Internal battery features lights to indicate remaining charge level
* Comes with 9 alternative adapter fittings to connect a wide variety of devices, including:
* Micro USB
* Mini USB
* Sony Ericsson
* Plus other devices can connect via the standard manufacturer-supplied USB 2.0 lead.
* Constructed from high-grade 1680D Ballistic Nylon, offering water repellent properties and a robust, highly protective shell.
* 25 litre capacity provides ample space for all of your belongings
* In-built pockets offer extra protection, including storage for 13”, 14” and 15” laptops and iPad/iPod devices.
* The rear of the backpack is padded with a special airflow system providing comfort, support and coolness.
* Includes a clever hide-away rain cover which can be pulled out for waterproof protection.
* Priced at an affordable £139.99 including VAT
Solar power delivers on-the-go charge for handheld devices:
Running out of charge can lead to all sorts of problems from the mildly irritating through to life threatening, and the Solar 15 backpack can help to reduce this potential pitfall. The thoughtfully designed 25 litre bag is lightweight yet robust, and cleverly stores power to use for charging hand-held devices, wherever and whenever it’s needed. Featuring an integral solar panel, the Solar 15 delivers power on-the-go thanks to a high capacity battery which can be conveniently recharged through both regular mains power and from harnessing the power of natural light.
The Solar 15 backpack is one of the most powerful solar bags on the market – converting up to 3W in optimum light conditions and storing enough power to charge most devices twice over. What’s more, you won’t need to worry about the lack of sunshine in the UK, since the Solar 15 will work and trickle charge in standard (overcast)
daylight and even indoors!
Stylishly practical construction suited for both work and play:
This stylish, practical and premium-grade backpack is suitable for both work and leisure use without compromising comfort or security. Featuring multiple protective pockets it is padded with a special airflow system providing comfort and coolness. A clever hide-away rain cover can be pulled out to add extra waterproof protection when you get caught out by the rain.
With the Solar 15 backpack, you can carry everything you need and charge up your devices (including phones, iPod and GPS) without the need to find a mains power supply or carry an external battery pack. This incredible array of features gives you the freedom to carry on with your day, enjoying total peace of mind that your gadgets will be full of life when you need them the most.
Five examples of how Crosskase Solar 15 can help:
1. You’re bored on a journey and want your handheld gaming console to keep you company, but its run out of battery halfway. Plug it into the Solar 15 and you won’t have your games interrupted after all. When you reach your destination, pop it into the protective bag and it will continue to charge and stay safe and secure until you need it next.
2. You’re lost 10,000 feet high on a snow capped mountain and need help but your phone has no battery and your GPS has died. Plug either of them into the Solar 15 and you’ll have the power to make that emergency call or find directions and be safe and sound in no time. With water repellent material and a pull-out rain cover you can make sure your gadgets stay dry even in the worst weather conditions.
3. You’re in the boardroom for a business meeting and rely on your smartphone for your presentation notes, but you’ve left the charger at home. Plug it into the Solar 15 and you can avoid an embarrassing moment in front of the boss. With a stylish, high-tech design it will be the envy of all of your work colleagues, too.
4. You’re training for the marathon in the Olympic spirit and need some tunes to keep your motivation high, but your MP3 player is running low on battery life. Just pop the device into the protective pocket, connect it to the charger and your only limit will be yourself. With the lightweight design and back support panel, you’ll
be able to stay cool and comfortable with every step.
5. You’re rocking out at a summer festival and you’ve lost your friends en route to a band. Instead of wasting time queuing at a phone point, the Solar 15 lets you connect, charge and carry on without missing a beat. With a robust, highly protective construction, you can be secure in the knowledge that your gadgets will be protected even in the middle of the crowd.
Pricing and Availability
The Crosskase Solar 15 is priced at £139.99 inc VAT RRP, and is available now from
www.crosskase.com, amazon.co.uk and store.apple.com/uk
Additional battery packs available from www.crosskase.com, pricing tbc.
Solar Charger Specifications:
* One 3.0 Watt Solar Panel to generate power in sunlight. It is waterproof, lightweight and built to withstand abuse.
* Panel Power: 3 Watts total peak.
* Cell Efficiency: 16%
* Charge Times: 6-8 hours in the sun will fully charge a typical phone, 2 hours will provide about 3 hours of talk time.
* Universal USB Battery stores power for use anytime and is
* specially designed to charge efficiently from solar. When not in the
* sun, the battery can be charged using the USB Power Cable or
* optional AC travel charger.
* Charge Times: Battery will be fully charged from 8 hours of direct sun, 4 hours from USB port on laptop and 3 hours from AC mains power.
* Capacity: 2,200mAh
* Input: 5V, 700 mA
* Output: 5V, 500mA via USB port
* Dimensions: 45cm high x 37cm wide x 12cm deep)
* Weight: 1.7kgs including battery and solar panels
* Fabric: 1680D ballistic nylon shell, waterproof and lightweight.
* Volume: 25 litres.
Launched in 2012, British company and brand Crosskase laid out what the average person carries, and intelligently designed these needs into a backpack which protects and secures personal electronic devices such as laptops, tablets and phones.
Using premium, high-grade materials, the range suits both work and leisure demands, with a design which is comfortable, protective and stylish. With the solar range, users can also charge their gadgets by using the sun as a power point.
Sharing many qualities with the turtle (hence the logo), Crosskase bags are waterproof, tough, long lasting, streamlined, protective, adaptable and breathable. Crosskase aims to become the market leader in bag design and technology by keeping ahead of fast-moving technology and developing quality products to suit customers no matter what their lifestyle.
Notes to Editors
Please note this section is not for publication
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list for a product review sample, please contact the press office or download and return the sample request form on the press assets pages.
Scans, specifications and information can be found on the following link:
Further information about Crosskase products can be seen at:
Danielle Schofield, Tru PR
t: +44 (0) 845 833 8292
e: [email protected]
Sales/ Distribution enquiries:
CrossKase Sales Team
t: +44 (0) 7768 203364
e: [email protected]
Custom Release Wire